Here are the top 15 reasons why you should never join someone else's game and perhaps even ask before you join a blackjack table which already has a game in progress.
1. You could find yourself in a confrontation with another player, especially if he or she has been extremely fortunate with a run of hands.
2. It's rude.
3. If the cards are running good, the pattern will change with an additional player.
4. If the cards are running bad, an additional player can make them even worse.
5. You will probably be fortunate enough to catch a blackjack and nobody will be happy for you.
6. The dealer will catch the next blackjack after yours to annoy the other players even further.
7. The people at the table were just talking about the last person to intrude.
8. Cocktail service will pick you up in the middle of the game which causes a wait.
9. It's very rude.
10. Anyone who was secretly "counting cards" will put the blame squarely with you when they lose the count.
11. If anyone was winning and their luck changes, it's your fault.
12. If anyone was losing and they continue to lose after your arrival, it's even more your fault.
13. If anyone was losing and they begin to win after you join the table, it's your fault because either you didn't join sooner or they could have been winning more if you had sat down somewhere else.
14. The dealer starts to make more hands with "bust cards" showing all because you joined this table.
15. It's just downright rude - don't do it!
So what is the point of all of this? To let you know you are better off either playing on a table by yourself or not at all. Then again, this can easily be solved by simply playing online. The conditions are favourable and the only attitudes you deal with are your own.